Music Banter - View Single Post - Media Tagging (mp3, wav, etc) - How Anal Do You Get?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
anathematized_one
Music Addict

I forgot to mention genre I think? Yeah, I am anal about that too.

As far as multiple disk releases, mine are normaly organised as:
Music > Dawn (Swe) > (2004) Slaughtersun (Crown of the Triarchy) > [folder]Disk 1, [folder]Disk 2
Then the tracks for each disk in their respective disk folders.

Track numbers listed 1-end on each disk, not 1-11 in disk 1 and 12-23 in disk 2 but 1-11 and 1-12.

I guess I am far more anal than most. I will actually delete bonus tracks and put the original art and dates and track listing if the only difference on a re-issue is bonus tracks.

Also with multiple disk releases, I put the album title as-is with no [Disk 1/Disk 2] in the album field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Definitely agree about them being split into Disk 1, Disk 2.

I have to have the song title, artist and album perfect. It effects last.fm otherwise. But I'm definitely not that anal about release date, etc.
Eh, I used to worry about last.fm being screwed up but then I gave up because much of what I listen to is screwed up on Last.fm itself and Last.fm used to try and correct my already correct stuff to the incorrect listing they had. I gave up on that a while back though. That and certain artists show up lower than they should, like Mike Oldfield - (1990) Amarock because that album is only one track, then other artists would show up higher than they should, like Diabolical Masquerade - (2001) Death's Design which has 61 tracks (for a normal 40 minute-ish album). So last.fm doesn't factor in for me at all when tagging mp3s.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by anathematized_one; 06-13-2013 at 03:12 PM.
anathematized_one is offline   Reply With Quote