Music Banter - View Single Post - The Pop of Today Vs Pop Of Yesterday
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveYourCarDownToTheSea View Post
Is it that there is stuff nowadays just as good as 60's-80's stuff, but it's just ceased to be commercial and thus a lot of people don't regularly hear it? Or, as the "4 chords" video suggests, the whole genre of pop music might have some practical limits, and "there's no where else to go," so musicians are increasingly straining to come up with something new and different (and, perhaps, largely failing)?
I'm glad that you have become a member here at MB. I personally think that you add very much thought and common sense to your posts and replies before making a statement.

Your statement makes me want to express a thought, that I believe there are a lot of new bands currently out of Texas, that are bringing/experimenting with a new style of progressive metal that is more orientated toward a mainstream sound and style. I look for a new revolution of popular/mainstream progressive metal to hit the music scene within the next two or three years like we've never seen or heard before in style and metal innovation. (hoping for the best)

There is a void in Metal that I believe these bands are just recently realizing, that there is now an opportunity to bring Metal to the masses in a big way like never before seen or done.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote