Music Banter - View Single Post - Kanye West - Yeezus
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

I really enjoyed this, it had this dark and angry passion behind it that really got me fired up and ready to f*ck sh*t up. The rawness and frankly some of the ugly sounds really pumps you up, it's really reminiscent of Death Grips for me, and while people think that may be a bad thing I'm totally cool with more hip hop artists exploring this sort of dark and gritty production style with confrontational lyrics/rapping.

I know some people were turned off by the lyrics and how egotistical they can be, but there's just something I enjoy about Kanye when he's cartoonishly egotistical like this, there's just this part of me that likes hearing outlandish claims of power and might from people in this sort of proclaiming "you will accept me as a deity!" way.

Overall, I gave it a 4, I felt that the briefness(this was his shortest album) sort of was a detriment and he could have really fleshed out the sound and tone of this release, but he got a number of things he wanted to say across, and I really liked what I heard.

But yeah, you can tell this is a release that's going to have people divided, even the longtime Kanye fans.

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote