Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #22312 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Usually I have light brown eyebrows like you said but I felt like a change, so I bought a darker line that intensifies my look. I'm doing Lady Gaga style, not wearing make up for a man or even women but for herself. I wear make up for me and dress for me. Nobody else can define me. That is what I have learned from being bullied in high school, being told I'm ugly, my skin is too white (called me whitebait), my eyebrows look stupid, why are you wearing make up, my hair is too blonde, I stuff my bra, one boob is bigger than the other, I'm a slut, I'm too skinny, etc. I didn't let cruel words bring me down but it made me a strong, confident woman.
Sounds reasonable.
However I don't think Gaga does what she does because she likes looking at herself in the mirror. Enhancing outward appearance, regardless of the way in which people do it, is always meant for others just as much as themselves. Manipulating the way you look is also manipulating the way you intend for others to see you.
It's just how it works, whether subconscious or not. It's not a bad thing, and it shouldn't be. But if we were really all happy with our natural appearances, none of us would be making changes to it in the first place.

I hope I didn't come off as though I was attacking your appearance or anything. I was just wondering what your thought-process behind it was.
Thanks for answering the question.