Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord Listens to Random **** and Talks About It
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #115 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

The Punk that LA Forgot: Part II

The Avengers: We Are the One

Now we come to The Avengers. A band from San Francisco. But I keep hearing them in connection with LA, so fuck it.

If EPs and singles aren't the most perfect format for a punk band then I'll eat my socks. Which wouldn't necessarily be so bad since they're about half gone with holes anyway. Regardless it's much harder for an album to become samey when there are only three songs on it like this album. This shit is just about perfect. "We Are the One" and "Car Crash" are two of the greatest straight up punk songs I've ever heard and are so full of energy that my neighbor's fuse box just exploded. "I Believe In Me" only a touch less. So, three brilliant songs right off the bat. Sweet. This is no frills punk that has the same Damned influence that The Weirdos do. Except that these guys/and gal rule. Now I feel like skateboarding through the halls of Congress with a kazoo.

P.S. And how could I not mention how Penelope Houston is a fantastic vocalist. Anybody who says that female singers aren't as good as men can eat my socks, since I'm not feeling hungry.

Spoiler for Mr. T fathered my children.:

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote