Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #23883 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
I'd have to agree with you and tell you that you're exactly right. For most bands the open air festival stage is a disadvantage. I've seen them several times with both a roof over their head and without, and for me the festival stage is where Maiden excel.
I can imagine. They are pretty much the perfect example of a metal band that incorporated arena metal into their sound without becoming a sanitized, fluff metal band. There sound sounds like it's tailor-made for filling as big a space as possible. I know you probably wouldn't agree, but I'd love to see Manowar at a festival for the same reason. Not to mention I hear their shows are rather bizarre. One review of a live show talked about them battling vikings on stage, being killed, and then being resurrected on a viking ship. Even if you don't like Manowar, that must be one hell of a spectacle on a big enough stage.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote