Music Banter - View Single Post - Musical Survey
Thread: Musical Survey
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #63 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Thanks BD. Few points:

1. I included my survey here because Lord Larehip was telling me "why don't you put your money where your mouth is" so figured best to keep it within the same conversation, and anyway had I started a new thread I would have thought it would be merged with this...

2. Odd you don't know who Karajan is, given the breadth of your classical knowledge

3. I gave a hint for the Bach question as I'm not that familiar with him and he may have hundreds of concertos, which would then make the question too open.

4. No need to be insulting. I did this off the top of my head, more to prove a point than anything. In this case, criticism is not required or desired. Were I to really sit down and try for a while I could come up with a much better list. The point I was trying to make was that just because someone doesn't know the answers to a load of questions about the blues or classical or jazz, is no reason to talk down to them and assume they know nothing about music.

I'm interested to see if Lord Larehip attempts my questionnaire...
Karajan was the principal conductor of the Berlin Philharmoniker, but it completely slipped my mind at that moment.

Bach had 28 concertos, but of course the Brandenburg concertos are the most famous. That statement was tongue in cheek anyways - I probably just used the wrong smiley.

Where was I insulting? Please explain. I was not insulting or critical anywhere. I probably have a lot more academic knowledge of music and music education than most people here but I don't flaunt it to chastise people. I want to help people learn about classical, jazz, and blues becaues they are the foundation of today's music.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote