Music Banter - View Single Post - Acoustic Guitar Recording - Mic Choices
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
anathematized_one
Music Addict

Here is why I am confused...

If your acoustic has a microphone pickup inside the body and you are recording directly input to the computer... how will moving around the room change anything? If you're too close to the speakers, you will get feedback, but that is only if the guitar pickup mic is too close to the speakers and the speakers are on and are playing what is picked up from the mic pickup.

Which begs the question... why are you monitoring the recording through speakers of an acoustic guitar? Turn OFF playback when recording/listen to this device id that is the case. If that is not the case, moving away from the source would mean you'd have ti take the mic pickup out of the guitar and move that, which would be equally as pointless because nothing would he coming out of the speakers anyway.

If sound removal just destroys the quality of the recording, you either had a bad recording or you did the sound removal/settings wrong.

Even if you externally mic-up, you WILL get that same background white-noise. Removing it should not detriment the sound unless the level of white-noise is stupid high and the sound level of the guitar is really low.

Now just to cover all bases and be perfectly clear, when I say direct input, I mean guitar straight into the computer, no amplifier involved.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by anathematized_one; 06-18-2013 at 04:34 PM.
anathematized_one is offline   Reply With Quote