Music Banter - View Single Post - Soap Operas
Thread: Soap Operas
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I've been watching GH religiously ever since Connie told her son that she wished she'd aborted him.

And I love Roger Howarth, but I first loved him as Todd Manning, so seeing him appear as Franco was rather jarring. He plays it to the tee though, so I still love him. I would **** myself if I ever heard that he was doing a Joss Whedon show. He would be perfect for Whedon.

And do you think that Silas Clay is the vampire? I mean, that scene in the morgue pretty much proved that he was a vampire. Which means that he can't have a living brother if he's over a hundred years old.

And lastly, I am enthralled with the whole possible accidental incest storyline between Michael and Kiki. It will make my year if they actually screw. It would serve Michael right for being such a **** character.
I've been watching episodes of OLtL because of my adoration for Howarth lately, and he's actually quite talented. And yes, he would be spectacular for Whedon. I can definitely see that.

And as far as the vampire stuff; since Easton is main cast, I doubt that his getting custody of Rafe is the end of the saga. I don't think they're going to retreat quietly to Manhattan, and have that be the end of it. The encounter with Franco and Silas was also kind of odd, with the blood stain...

And I feel like Danny having BLOOD CANCER and Silas knowing immediately was kind of sketch. Unless he was a vampire and could smell it. There's no doctor good enough to be able to diagnose Leukemia based on swollen glands and a little rash. And since they thought Stephen Clay was a vampire, but Stephen is dead now, signs certainly do point to Silas.

And, oh golly, with the Michael/Kiki thing. They're first cousins, which is creepy as all get out, since they've now made out. And the stuff going on with Sonny/Carly/Olivia/Connie/Shawn is actually producing some of the better acting from the performers involved - with the exception of Olivia, I guess, since she's in a coma or whatever.

The way I kind of see this panning out is Olivia pulling through, Shawn maybe skipping town, Carly remaining on Sonny's **** list...and Connie, devastated and wanting to get back at Sonny hooking up with Franco.

As an afterthought and Addendum:

I'm really loving Luke right now, and I have no idea why. Tony Geary has some crazy charisma. I mean, hell, he's NEVER been "good looking" and was one half of the most loved couple in soap opera history. My fifteen-year-old sister is likewise enthralled.

She's also creepy for Roger Howarth, and texted me today like, "Did you see the face that Franco made at AJ?! That was the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life! I need a gif of that! I want to make it my wallpaper!"

It was an interesting facial reaction to say the least, though.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote