Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you believe in ghosts?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #174 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

The thing about believing in ghosts is that I am incapable of NOT believing in them at this point. There have been horrifying unexplained events which have been witnessed by another person.

My old home in NC was haunted, a murder-suicide happening a few years before we got there. Weird stuff would happen, like doors opening and closing, doors randomly locking and unlocking, and lots of banging noises in the middle of the night within our duplex which woke my family up constantly.

One day, and I remember this vividly, as does my sister...we were sitting on her bed talking about The Spice Girls. Her television set was roughly ten feet from her bed. Anyway, I proceed to performing a hellaciously off-key rendition of "Spice Up Your Life," when, from the top of her television, a Beanie Baby (yes, I'm dating myself with that admission) flies from atop her television and nails me directly in the face. Nothing had been shaking, there was no earthquake, but we saw with complete clarity this happen to me.

Another: At my mother's house, there's some lady ghost who wanders on the family property we all have seen at some point or another. It's not JUST her house, but it's predominately her house and my aunt and uncle's across the street. Anyway, no one is on my mom's couch, and it just randomly flips over onto its' back. We all watched it happen. There had never been (and has never since been) any issue with the couch staying upright, and once we righted it, we tested it to see if there were any issues that would have caused it to fall over. There were none. Another time, also in my mother's house, she'd just mentioned that she'd seen the ghost, and I said she was dreaming or full of ****, and a bottle of Clorox bleach FLEW from above the washer and dryer and hit me in the chin. I was about five feet away from the washer and dryer when it happened.

Then, there was "Bocket."

When I was little, there was so much "supernatural" activity going on, that my mom was about to just say, "**** it," and move in with her mother until finances got situated enough to find another place. I had a sister close in age, so I wasn't lacking a playmate or anything. My mother had a few terrifying encounters with what she called "shadow ghosts" based on the experiences she'd heard from others of similar phenomena.

And I apparently began freaking the **** out in the middle of the night saying that some dude named Bocket was in my room, and he'd killed someone. All of the activity had been centered around the room with my bed...I was around 4, and was completely terrified.

One day, it seemed like Bocket was okay, and I told my mom. I said he was my friend now, and that he didn't scare me anymore; he'd killed people, but he wasn't going to kill me.

My mom decided that this aspect of her terror was just me inventing an imaginary friend for whatever reason - nevermind that he was a middle-aged murderer from prison.

My mom told me that after all of this, she searched public records at the library and came across an inmate who had died in jail named Bacquet or something, and promptly moved us out of the house. He'd lived in the neighborhood, and HAD killed someone in another state; a drunk driving hit and run. He'd died in jail in 1990, and I'd started seeing my invisible friend in 1991.

We also had the pleasant ghost, who would inexplicably place the newspaper from the day previous on the kitchen table, with certain stories cut out. We lived in a mobile home on family property, so there was no one else with a key, and no one on the property had noticed anyone coming or going, so that was bizarre.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote