Music Banter - View Single Post - Acoustic Guitar Recording - Mic Choices
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Reign of Tachos
Groupie

Can't post anymore photos, I've reached my attachment limit. I assume deleting them will stop the first 4 from being seen.

You'll just have to take my word for it. I recorded into Ableton Live Lite. There are no effects on any of the tracks.

I can't post links, but the examples will be on my Soundcloud in 5-10 minutes. Put 'Reign of Tachos' into the search bar. I'm the only one there.

0:00 - 0:35 were done via the XLR cable.
0:36 - the end were done via a standard guitar lead with a 1/4 inch to 3.5mm attachment, also in the microphone slot.

As you can hopefully hear, there is a lot of background hiss and the guitar is comparatively rather quiet, which does 2 things:
1. Prohibits me from freely using EQ, if I even slightly boost the higher end to try and get a nicer sliding sound or whatever, the noise becomes worse.
2. In this excerpt, I'm playing with a fair amount of force. If I try to have quieter plucking sections/any kind of dynamics at all, the noise pretty much takes over.

Sorry for the silly mistakes at some parts!

Just a fun story: I was listening to the example and to do so my speakers had to be rather loud, so when I turned my normal music back on I literally jumped.
Reign of Tachos is offline   Reply With Quote