Music Banter - View Single Post - Death Grips "Exmilitary" Album Discussion
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Charlemagne
Say something vague

I'm not really going to do this as a straight answer to all the questions, I'll answer some but not all in this, it will just be a general write up on what I think of the album.

When I first heard this a few years ago two things came into my mind. 1st. MC Ride is the angriest rapper I've ever heard and 2. this is rap for hipster punk kids like me and I love it. The vocals are really gritty and raw and the production is phenomenal, really interesting noise elements throughout, immediate stand outs for me where songs like Guillotine, Takyon and Spread Eagle Across The Block, but I eventually got to loving all of them. I've since listened to all their mixtapes and albums and I find The Money Store to be superior, like Goofle, but this is a very close second. It's definitely an album I go back to and listen to every few months or so whenever I'm feeling the need to rage or something like that.

My Last.fm
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote