Music Banter - View Single Post - The Confessional Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #565 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I totally know how you feel, a job I worked years ago I got told off for being too bubbly. But there still has to be your personality in there they can't take it all away from you.
This job can.

Basically, aside from a few select people, I'm the golden child at work. I collect in the top five people every month in terms of money, and never do anything to piss my coach off. I show up on time, do my job, and put in all of my downtime, going to the coach to explain it if it's more than a minute or two. I'm a 'mentor' now, which means I either get pulled off the phones to evaluate people in training, or they have to split in with me. I act all like I'm so stoked about the company and product, but I'm really totally disillusioned at this point.

I do go out of my way to brag about my shift so that, maybe they'll want it too, and work hard to get it, but I don't even give a **** at this point.

On this team, if I **** up, it's covered up to preserve stats. I don't even have to try anymore. As long as I show up, I'm good.

I've learned that getting on the elite and tenured team means a lot of sketchy cover-ups to preserve its' status.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote