Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #5764 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
So, The Last of Us, v. Bioshock:Infinite; which is better, in your opinion?

I'll say that Bioshock had fun gameplay in addition to beautiful graphics and story. TLoU may have tried too hard to appeal to next gen on current gen, if that makes any sense.

I've had a hell of a lot more fun playing Infinite, because of the enhanced vigors and storyline, to be quite honest. I think The Last of us played to our audience well, but the advanced AI is kind of a newer concept and made the gameplay kind of tedious.
Yeah, I'd say Bioshock was better. The gameplay was a lot more fun in Bioshock, but in a way I think The Last of Us wanted to put the player in more tense situations and make it less fun on purpose because of the type of game it was. The Uncharted games were always a ton of fun, but they wanted to go a different direction here.

Bioshock's story was so ambitious that you have to give the nod to it. However, the character development in The Last of Us is as good as you're going to see in a video game, and it made the story work a lot better because of that, particularly from the end of Fall to the end of the game. Interesting how both games had similar characters and relationship dynamics, with a no-nonsense older male lead and a young but mature female lead. I just thought TLoU did a near perfect job with it, where as BI was just OK in that regard.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote