Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #12319 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Americans can travel to Cuba, they just can't travel for tourism. You have to apply for license and make the reason be something other than tourism (I've heard missionary work is the most popular one). Are you traveling from the US or Canada though? If you're on a direct flight from Canada or Mexico it shouldn't matter.
I'm looking some agencies that offer them, but it's quite expensive and it looks like a lot of work just for a 7 day vacation. I also don't have a whole lot of money to play around with here. I think the flight connects through either NYC or Newark, not sure. That might make it more difficult. I know that some Americans who do go to Cuba often fly out of Canada or Mexico, but that's risky apparently. I am a Canadian citizen, but also American and because of that, I'm obligated to abide by US law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Apart from espionage! Sorry, sorry! What nationality is your mother BD? Why can she go but not you? If it's dual nationality can you not choose like just to show your Canadian passport? I'm afraid I dont understand these things as I only have Irish nationality and don't travel at all...
Hope you can sort it though...
My mother is Canadian, 100%. She can go because she only holds Canadian citizenship and Canada does not restrict it's citizens from travelling to Cuba. I only have a Canadian passport which might work to my advantage; however, it shows my place of birth as Detroit, Michigan.

I don't understand why the US still has this trade/travel embargo with Cuba, but frankly, it's frustrating.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote