Music Banter - View Single Post - Soap Operas
Thread: Soap Operas
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Ohmygodohmygodohmygod! Not one half hour ago I just remembered something that might totally shed new light on the whole Franco plotline. I'm pretty sure I'm about to totally blow your mind. God that was geeky, but whatevs. Anyway, do you remember when Edward Quartermaine, the patriarch of the family, died a few months ago? And then Heather Webber showed up and replaced his will with a fake one? Well, I can't be entirely sure, but I'm fairly sure that that little plotbomb never exploded, so we still have no idea what was happening back then.

Now fastforward to a couple weeks ago, and Franco returns to Port Charles and sees who? Heather Webber. At the time we had no idea that it was Franco since we all assumed it was Todd Manning, and we know Todd Manning is frenemies with Heather Webber, so, there was no reason to wonder about anything other than what he asked her to do. But now that we know it was Franco I realized that Heather never acted like she thought he was dead. So, she must have known he was alive, which isn't surprising since she's supposed to be friends with Franco's mother. Which means that dollars-to-donuts his mother also knew that he was alive. Which means that her sending Luke in Kiki's direction was a part of Franco's plan. Since if all Franco wanted was to get to know Kiki it means that that must be part of his plan, cause otherwise he could have just met her where she was without any of this Port Charles hullabaloo.

Even more brain atomizing is that if you consider everything that's happened, it becomes obvious that the fake will was created by Franco. The will that gave not only Kiki, but Franco shares in the company. And most bizarre of all, that also means that it was Franco that gave Tracy the relish.

Oh. My. God. That makes so much (soap opera) sense! It was revealed today that he was most definitely the relish saboteur, but I highly doubt Eva figured everything out. I mean, it's Franco. His whole M.O. is incomprehensible art, and he was believed dead for eons; there's no way that he just completely hid and came back with the relish. That is not his style.

It was revealed that he tainted the relish to lower stock prices so he could be CEO of ELQ, but it's still not clear why Franco, of all people, should even want that. Tying that into the Luke storyline, it gets really interesting.

If you watched today, though, just as interesting: Shawn wasn't the one who shot Olivia. The bullet casing from his weapon? Not the one that matches the shell found in her body. Someone else was, conveniently, trying to shoot Franco. Was it Eva? Sonny's back-up plan that he didn't tell Carly? Was it Sam, Spinelli, Michael, or any number of people? Or, was it Jason back from the "dead?"

Hell, even Silas. Even though they dismissed his "vampire" storyline with Rafe being all, "I dunno - he muttered something about not being a vampire..." was Silas to blame? They've encountered each other. Maybe (and this is a stretch) Silas made Franco a vampire while Franco was dying, and that accounts for his absence.

Port Charles is a sketchy place.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote