Music Banter - View Single Post - Bitesize: Trollheart's Daily Album Mini-Reviews
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 05:25 AM   #170 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
It's always amusing to read your reviews on famous and much loved extreme metal albums. Again I'm surprised that you're not already familiar with Megadeth due to their fame. This album of course is a revered album in many ways and one of the best from that movement. In fact this album was probably my entry point into extreme metal and prepared me for what lay ahead. Megadeth were not really that heavy in comparison to the other extreme metal acts but they were damn fast and technical and great at what they did and you either loved or hated Dave's voice. You'd probably had been better off reviewing the album after this Countdown to Extinction, an album better suited to your ears as its more commercial in most aspects.
You know, I don't find this too heavy at all. No moreso than Maiden or Saxon or Motorhead anyway. I also would not have considered this Extreme Metal: I thought that was more Slayer, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth etc ?I did think that perhaps I should have saved this for my Classic Albums journal, but sure, by then it was already posted. Decent album. I don't know Megadeth or Metallica, other than reputation, simply because they've never appealed to me that much. But compared to the Black Album for instance I would certainly cite Mega over Met, or Dave over James definitely. Could be an interesting comparison .... hey, now there's an idea! Wheels turning, wheels turning....