Music Banter - View Single Post - Yamaha/Casio Pianos
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
FredAt
Groupie

Default Yamaha/Casio Pianos

Hello All,

I would rate myself as a fairly accomplished ex-musician having at one time spent a lot of time learning, playing and enjoying the classical guitar and the flute along with a brief, though very enjoyable, flirtation with the piano.

And then... life took its toll. I was too busy studying, chasing girls, working... and the music fell by the way side. I now want to seriously start playing music again and have settled for the idea of getting a Yamaha/Casio piano both for myself and also in the hope of giving my 6 year old son an early start.

I have found that there are instruments that look reasonably serious available starting at around the £700 mark and then scaling the heights all the way up to 5 figures. I guess my own budget, to stay within reason, would be around the £1000 mark.

I should add that what interests me is classical music. I am posting here since I have no way of knowing
  • How much I need to spend in order to get an instrument that can make music rather than just being a toy.
  • What features I should look out for whilst making a choice.

I hope that someone here will be able to give me a few useful pointers.
FredAt is offline   Reply With Quote