Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord Listens to Random **** and Talks About It
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #124 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Helloween: Pink Bubbles Go Ape

After Jugulator I'm kind of interested in listening to some of those metal albums that have bad reputations for style reasons rather than just pure quality reasons. I've heard this and Helloween's next album, Chameleon, maligned many times over the years, but I've never gotten around to listening to them for myself. I hope it's all just small minded genre nazis bitching, cause I love Helloween and I'd be crushed if there were only two good Michael Kiske albums.

The intro is already just a bit too far into goofy territory. There we go. That's some nice ass kicking.

I've just listened to the whole thing and have started it again. If there's something wrong with this album is that it just doesn't seem as good as the previous two. There are plenty of decent songs but the best songs on here just aren't as good as "Futureworld" or "I Want Out". I don't know if the band was beginning to run out of steam or whether they were just having a hard time following up the Keeper of the Seven Keys albums. I have the feeling that this album is gonna be a grower, but it'll probably never replace Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II as my favorite Helloween album.

Spoiler for God is dead and all is right with the world.:

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote