Music Banter - View Single Post - Soldiers' families suing the UK government? Wow!
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newkie View Post
Truer words...I get tired of the conservative traditionalist v hippy pussio arguments on Trident. It's all down to a British Government never having the balls to kick the habit. Too obsessed with clinging on to some sense of former glory and maintaining that seat on the security council. Balls to it all, cut trident and use the money to import hotties from the continent using Ali G's immigration policy and we'll all be happy scandinavians, just like we were meant to be. Bloody Alfred the Great.
If the mods want to split this question into another thread then feel free, but I'm far too lazy.

What exactly is the point of the Security Council anyway, besides giving the major powers unfair control of the UN? And why should France, among others, be on it? Since when has France been anything but a middling power after WWII?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote