Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #1448 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Well, that was a heartbreaker.

At least the Bruins played well last night though. Games 4 and 5 were downright awful for Boston, but last night they brought about 58 minutes of good hockey, and the first 20 minutes in particular was incredible. I knew something was going to go wrong when they were only up by 1 after the first period after absolutely dominating though.

I can't really get over how poorly Chara and Seidenberg played. Just an awful showing by both of them in this series, and particularly in the last 3 games. The Bruins as a whole had a pretty bad showing though. I thought only Bergeron (outside of last night, but credit to him playing through all of that), Lucic and Seguin were consistently good on a game-to-game basis.

As for the Hawks, great series. They didn't try to get into the physical game with the B's and used their forecheck to give the B's D fits, and had a great transition game. Like Dan, I thought Keith deserved the Conn Smythe (I thought Keith deserved it in 2010 as well), or maybe Sharp.
I was stunned the way it ended but I figured the B-hawks were the better team throughout. Keith was certainly very good, but Kane brought that consistent scoring throughout that wins the Smythe usually. Not too many D-men are gonna raise the Smythe without a Niedermayer on their back. Good series all things considered, getting amped up for the draft already.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote