Music Banter - View Single Post - Recent Supreme Court Rulings
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspoptart View Post
I mean that was the premise of my whole example -- the policy exists, and people who may not have otherwise gotten in to a school are preferred simply based on their backgrounds, which has nothing to do with their character. The plan assumes that certain people get extra points for something beyond their control. It's a different kind of discrimination that I don't think should exist in America. Everyone is fighting to get into schools, there are equally disadvantaged people from every background in the country, and they all deserve a fair shot at going to the college of their choice.
One thing that stuck in my head from my Econ teacher in high school is that "Life isn't fair and when you remove the word from your vocab then you'll understand"

Also, if their backgrounds were the same they would still have gotten in but the reason the policy actually exists is to help give ethnic groups that under represented at different schools a chance to succeed. It's also secondary to their academic achievements. If they were the majority's race they would have gotten in but since they aren't without affirmative action in place they would be overlooked.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote