Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #19657 (permalink)
gunnels
gun whales

Location: Knoxville/Nashville, TN, USA, NA, E, S, LC, MW, Known Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post

Quasimoto - Yessir Whatever (2013)
I played this yesterday for the first time. It seemed to go by pretty quickly without drawing too much attention to itself. Granted I'm at work most of the time I'm listening, so it's often passive listening the first time. I like that it wasn't overlong. I think with repeat listening I will enjoy this. But again, it didn't pull my attention away from work in any way. So maybe it will just be so-so.
Aw man, I forgot about this act of his. I only ever got The Unseen but I really enjoyed it for its sonic strangeness. If your experience with this new release is anything like mine with his older work, then it will be a slow, sinister grower.

Anywho, I'm trying to expand my pathetic lack of familiarity in the 'electronic music' umbrella category, so I've got quite a bit in queue. (Much of this is thanks to DJ's electronic education thread, which all of you should read or have already read.)

Some progressive.

A bit of breakbeat.

Flying Lotus- Cosmogramma
A smidge of dubstep.

A little prog trance. (I apologize for the egregiously large image)

And finally some good ol' IDM.
I'm hoping to give all of these a proper hearing and post my impressions within the next few days. The sheer amount of heralded artists and sub-genres in the generic term 'electronica' is a little daunting, but damn it I'm going to be familiar with it all eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post

giving it another chance for my upcoming journal post

still cant stand it
I'm a huge fan of The Colour of Spring, which is tad more 'poppy', but I've never really gotten into any of their other material.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
I'm awfully sorry I'm not as good at writing pretentious posts as you are.
Let's Play TF2 Sometime.|Unrepresentative Last.fm.|Puns, Pokemon, and Miscellany
gunnels is offline   Reply With Quote