Music Banter - View Single Post - A Glimpse Inside The Mind of a Chameleon.
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Default A Glimpse Inside The Mind of a Chameleon.

I've been meaning to start up a journal for quite some time now but I didn't realize which direction I wanted to head in.
Trollheart you gets no credit for me starting this journal. The point system seems a bit ridiculous but if you are having fun keeping track and
others are having fun with it then it's no place for me to talk I suppose. I have to admit that I don't feel like I'm the best writer but since I do need practice this will be good for me to keep up as well as some other projects I have going at the moment.

This journal is going to evolve over time and different subsections will pop up when I feel like they would fit in or when it's time for me to discuss certain things.

The history behind the pseudonym.
It all began when I was just a wee lad(around the age of 10) that wanted to fit in. This required having something interesting to talk about along with ice breakers so it dawned on me that I tend to listen to rock and hip hop so If I wanted to gain white friends in class all I had to do was talk about the rock music that I was into. Of course a large majority of it came from listening to the radio and watching mtv but I still loved rock regardless of my shallow source. The alt rock radio station WRRV was my safe haven that kept me up to date with bands that I loved at the time. Music was my weapon of choice to break through the walls of any clique I wanted to socialize with. The feeling of being able to blend into any group and get along with them fine enough based off of sharing common interests music-wise was exhilarating.

Fast forward 15 years later

Making online friends came just as easily while wielding my weapon. My innate ability to group songs into certain themes got me a little gig of being a "producer" for an online dj at hurricane radio. I use the term producer quite liberally but basically when he wasn't taking requests, I would set up his playlists and break them down into similar themes. Some of his listeners found out that he had someone else creating his playlists that they loved so much and begged me to become my own dj. Taking my history into consideration is why I was knighted DJChameleon. Similar to a chameleon blending into his environments to survive is how my childhood was spent socially. After hurricane radio fell apart, DJSlinky and myself decided to start up our own station: Fo' Sho' Radio. DJ Angelbaby is the one that actually came up with the name. Angel was a sweet girl from St. Louis.

I will touch on the rise and inevitable fall of Fo' Sho' Radio in a future post.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.

Last edited by djchameleon; 06-27-2013 at 12:53 PM.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote