Music Banter - View Single Post - Living Below the Poverty Line
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
Could you/can you do it?

I personally don't find it at all difficult. Possibly growing up in eastern KY has done it. But I have a smart phone, high speed internet, a roof over my head, and never go hungry. I also have time and money to buy video game and music stuff, but I'm "under the poverty line" by a little bit.

I don't go out of my way and see concerts/sporting events on the weekly...or even the monthly. I'll go see the red legs play once a season, go to an amusement park or two, and will go out to a bar or something once a month or so, but I never run out of money, and I never stress it too much. I pay about $90 every two weeks for health/dental/vision insurance, still pay rent and car insurance...am I missing something? I'm happy and at least moderately healthy, with a little money left over for leisure.
Based on your description it sounds like you may indeed be missing something: children or any kind of life event that has left you in serious debt. You don't sound like you're able to save, which means you're just one hospital stay or serious car breakdown from finding yourself living in the red with just as much trouble digging your way out as other people living below the poverty line.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote