Music Banter - View Single Post - Music is subjective
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
zman419
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Now, I think that Linkin Park sucks. Obviously I am entitled to my opinion. Some may disagree. That doesn't make my opinion any less correct for me than it makes their opinion any less correct for them. But does that mean that we should keep our opinions to ourselves or pussy-foot around and pretend that our opinions aren't as strong as they really are just so as to not offend others? Of course not. Musical discussion would be pointless and dull then. So long as someone doesn't call you an idiot for liking King Crimson or Candlebox then you should just accept their opinion and not let it bother you and perhaps even argue against their opinion to start a lively discussion.

Of course, if you're in high school, then you're pretty much screwed unless you're willing to give someone an uppercut over your love of Three Days Grace.
Just when someone said "some bands just suck" to me it kind of felt like he was saying "no matter what you think of them, it is fact this band sucks"
but yeah, I TRY to respect others opinions with music (as hard as it can be sometimes.....), simply because i hate it when people disrespect mine.
zman419 is offline   Reply With Quote