Music Banter - View Single Post - Slowly Goes The Night
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #164 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

It’s Been A Long Night

Well, since Trollheart challenged me to actually update this SOB, I thought it would be interesting to review where I’ve been, where we’ve come from, all that wanky stuff.

I can’t rightly say why I stopped posting here… I think it was mostly to do with the fact that I was sort of over all of the arguments when it came to ‘taste’. Well, maybe argument isn’t the right word, but there’s only so much you can really say about someone else’s taste in music, isn’t there. At the end of the day, I had burnt myself out reviewing albums, so there wasn’t much value in me hanging around.

In regards to MY taste in music… Well, I can’t say it’s anything like it used to be. I still love a variety of music, but it’s sort of centralised itself in ways I would have never imagined three years ago. I would like to blame this album in particular…

Sure, The Church, Amon Tobin and Dead Can Dance are still probably my big three, but I find myself exploring the realm of hip hop primarily nowadays. And damn it happened fast. The generic tag of ‘hip hop’ has already taken over my foobar playlist, making up approximately 26% of my 200 gb collection. Considering how recently it’s been a ‘thing’ for me, that’s insane. In conjunction with that, I’ve pretty much been focussing on new releases since 2011. I pretty much grab anything and everything as soon as it’s released. This partially has to do with some of my favourite classic blogs being shut down, from whence I received a lot of my older, obscure stuff.

Which means the coming back of potential reviews should be pretty interesting compared to the mish-mash of album release dates that my older reviews had. I’m still not sure on this front, I might go back to the old catalogue and pick out some favourites, or I might use the journal as a way to explore new music, we’ll see.

I’m still Niesmiertelnosc on lastfm, which is now a reflection of musical taste since rebooting it late 2010. I didn’t really use it in the early times since then, so most of my classic listening is buried in there. For those interested, my account is named after a fantastic track from this ‘back in the day’ album.

Either way, there are a few uploads from the preliminary reviews, with one track from each album under the ‘Compilations’ title in the second overall post if you’re interesting in giving them a proper spin.

At the end of the day, hopefully I hang around this time and bring you a few more enjoyable albums! We’ll see how it goes.
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote