Music Banter - View Single Post - RiFF RaFF
Thread: RiFF RaFF
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #159 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
I have a great respect for Soap actors/actresses myself in terms of the time they put in, but that doesn't necessarily account for the quality of the performances. And Soaps are very melodramatic in their nature, which is a pretty low form of storytelling, kinda like romance novels.

But Riff Raff is cool.
It

Aside:

As an actor, I've done comedy, which has received great laughs. I've done drama, which I prefer, which has received certificates and medals. And I've done melodrama (which is what soap acting is) which has been the most difficult of all acting.

Comedy, you wait for the words and your own sense of timing. It gets laughs. Drama, it's really difficult material you have to research, and may incite tears. Melodrama, which is soap acting, is the most difficult thing one could be asked to do as an actor. You have to call to melodrama, which is almost impossible to play, in addition to comedy and drama. As a performer, those actors have their work cut out for them.

Some of them aren't so good (see: Drake Hogestyn) but some are exceptional (see: Kelly Monaco and Roger Howarth)

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote