Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord Listens to Random **** and Talks About It
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #131 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Protector: Golem

Debut full length from Protector. I've gotta say, the cover of the EP was goofy, but it was just kinda generic. But this album cover? Woof. It's so terrible that nobody could even be bothered to upload a halfway decent pic of it in the right size and I was reduced to this ugliness. Let's just hope that the quality of the cover isn't representative of the quality of the album. Seriously, woof.

Well the production is "better". The EP had a slightly-better-than-demo quality to it, but considering the nature of the music the production fit. This is more of a generic thrash production. It gives it weight, but it definitely hurts the energy that is otherwise just as intact as on the EP.

The band seem to have slightly improved their songwriting. Relatively speaking of course. Death/thrash has little room for anything so repugnant as "originality" or "innovation". Perish the thought. But the band seems to have given themselves some slight room to breath and the songs almost sound kinda/sorta/maybe a little/but not really mature. On second though, nah. But they have more to them than the EP. Shame that the production takes away a lot of the vicious energy that had made me so happy.

Better luck next time I hope.

P.S. I just realized that I was only four songs into this when I lost interest. Please god let the next one be better. It should be. It has to be.

Spoiler for Blah.:

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote