Music Banter - View Single Post - Is music streaming "enough"?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 12:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Streaming isn't enough for me. I need to know that I own the music so that I can take it with me wherever I go and listen to it wherever I am. I listen to music at my computer in my own house, but I also listen to it in the car, on the train, on a walk, at the gym, etc. Yes, you can still access streaming in all of these instances but it's not always reliable, I don't always have the greatest network/Internet connection, especially when I'm mobile or out of range (I'm not sure how Australia's networks compare to those in the US but I often go out of range where I have no mobile phone coverage).

But this doesn't mean I need a physical copy of the album/song. I download/purchase most of my music digitally so I don't have actual physical copies of it. But I still would rather OWN it than stream it due to the aforementioned reasons.

Also, my car only takes CDs (no aux) so I use CDs a lot still as well... Often when I purchase musical digitally or download it I'll rip it to a CD so that I can listen to it in my car.