Music Banter - View Single Post - Is music streaming "enough"?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #30 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
I prefer CDs and MP3s because:

-I can take the music with me
-I support the artist by buying his/her music
-It makes it a lot easier to listen to get to know the music.

I think it's important to know an artist's catalogue. By buying albums rather than streaming the music, you have a much better opportunity to get to know the catalogue (I always listen to the whole album once I've bought it). You also do a much better job at supporting the artist. As someone previously mentioned, streaming services pay the artists much less than we think.
Maybe I have a different definition of the word "fan" than you have. I think it's about enjoying (and knowing) the artist's music as well as supporting the artist.
Yes but the same thing goes for buying CDs. they get paid way less. If you want to really support your artist that you are fan of, you buy merch at their concerts. I don't feel like you need to own physical media to be considered a fan. In this digital age that's such an old fossil of an idea. You can get to know an artist just as well by streaming as you can be buying the physical album. You don't even have to have a strong internet connection anyways because if you have an mp3 player then you can just take the mp3 files that you do have and use that to take them everywhere with you. I do that.

I can stream albums first and if I like them just download them on the spot since I'm still a Zune customer paying to rent these files....grrr that idea gets under my skin but yeah.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote