Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #9689 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post

Date Palms - The Dusted Sessions
Very cool drone/psychedelica that's not much typical of offerings from either genre. The implementation of sitars, flute, and slide guitar make it a very hypnotic listen. The album itself, interestingly enough, progressively becomes heavier and more driven as the tracks go on until the end of the album where it teeters on the precipice of doom metal.
This sounds super awesome. Have added it to my Spotify. If you know of anything else that fits this description, drop me a line, I'm getting pretty interested in more hypnotic, psychedelic, spiritual type music.

Quote:

Black Host - Life in the Sugar Candle Mines
Some of the best free jazz I've ever heard easily the best released withing the past 10 years. The influence of Ornette Coleman's The Shape of Jazz to Come can be unmistakable at times, although this ensemble of bass, guitar, drums, piano, and sax definitely adds a much different dynamic. If you get a little beleaguered at times that contemporary jazz can't bring the magic of it's halcyon days with any sort of originality to spare this album will definitely change your mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
That's an incredible album, thanks for posting that! I really love the Northern Spy label, I've yet to hear any bands they've signed that I dislike.
I'm so glad people here are getting into this album, it's probably my favorite release of 2013. Such a freaking good record.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote