Music Banter - View Single Post - Stuff That Is Awesome
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #480 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Anyone ever play Oregon Trail in elementary/primary school? Fond memories of dysentery and the like, eh? I could post a link to play that same game online, but I'm posting something else, VERY related, which allowed me only two hours of sleep prior to the workday yesterday:

ORGAN TRAIL

This game is very heavily inspired by the Oregon Trail game many know and love, but it has to do with zombies. There's still dysentery to be had, but it's definitely tweaked for those who're looking for a bit of nostalgia and something a little different from that game as well.

Instead of a certain amount of money at the beginning, you receive time to scavenge - based on the occupation you choose - for such necessities as food, fuel, spare parts (tires, mufflers, etc.), ammunition, health packs, and money (to be traded later in the game for goods you're running low on).

Instead of "daily" pauses every few seconds, the game has "hourly" pauses in that time, with an indicator to explain health, current zombie activity, and what-have-you.

It's really immense fun.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote