Music Banter - View Single Post - Weight Lifting Help Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #43 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
Don't waste your money on protein shakes. there's nothing in them that you couldn't get from your food. The way they're marketing, people think they're an essential part of the working out process. They're not.
The point isnt to take the place of food...Protein shake is called a supplement for a reason. They actually are pretty helpful if you are gaining weight and trying to get bigger. I don;t know if you are aware how much food one has to eat to get the max amount of protein (1-1.5g per pound of bodyweight) every single day. All the powder is doing is giving you an easier way to reach that mark without having to cook more meals all day long. As long as macro's are hit for the day using the protein as a supplement is absolutely helpful.

Figure you weigh 270 pounds and are gaining muscle to play football. Getting 270g and up in protein EVERY DAY is incredibly hard to do and not to mention expensive. While most of your diet should come from natural foods boosting the protein count with a shake makes life 10x easier.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote