Music Banter - View Single Post - Any baseball fans?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

DH is good, because the pitchers don't have to risk themselves doing a job that really isn't theirs. Although, pitchers hitting has always been a part of baseball. If they ever get rid of it for the NL I'll probably miss watching the occasional walk-off blooper from the pitcher. Some can even hit homers, but most hit under .200 and kill rallies, and I don't think the league will continue to let the AL have such a huge advantage by having the DH.

I think fan voting is perfect, because they usually get it somewhat right. Obviously the most popular players will get in, whether or not they're still even that good. Also, the ASG is made for the fans to begin with.

I don't think home field advantage really makes that big of a difference in the WS tbh.

Interleague is fine, but the AL is at an advantage when playing at home, since NL teams don't actually have a guy to DH, just their best bench player who usually isn't really cut out to be a DH. I should say I enjoy watching interleague games, just because I like to see some of the matchups.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote