Music Banter - View Single Post - Rape - Whose Fault Is It?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #61 (permalink)
Rjinn
The Aerosol in your Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
It's weird when the clothing comes into question, because from what I've heard on a lot of crime shows and all that stuff, rape almost always seems to be more about dominance and power than about sex. So I'd think it'd be more of a matter of the woman being vulnerable than looking "sexy", per se, but who knows. I certainly don't. I actually think I remember Oprah saying something along those lines when she was talking about her own personal experience. I think she said, "It's not about sex. It's about power." That was the first time I ever heard that before. I always thought they were committed by horny guys that can't control themselves. Of course, I'm sure there are plenty of occasions that are like that, but I'd think if a woman clearly wanted to stop that they'd stop. I'd think there would always have to be some kind of underlying want of dominance, or affinity for sadism.
I find in situations sexual display of clothing can really attract men aggressively. Once there is some sort of rejection, men exercise their power to show sexual dominance. So I agree with what you said. Just thought I'd bring some sort of understanding to the link.