Music Banter - View Single Post - Punk Rock is Bullsh*t (article/essay)
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #36 (permalink)
Nurse Duckett
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post

The only thing you Brits were ever good at was ripping off America for all your musical ideas and then taking the credit for it.

I'm not sure Brits ripped off American music and took all the credit, I think you're being unfair there. Brit bands were heavily influenced by black American music, the music that racist white America had forgotten about. I think I'm right in saying the black artists were very grateful for it too, it meant they could make music again and get paid for it instead of sweeping studio floors.

I think some white Americans take far too much credit for Americas musical heritage, white America didn't really do alot to add to that heritage did it, it was black American music that Britain and the rest of the world loved.

Without black American music there would have been no Beatles, Stones or Led Zeppelin ( all three of those bands are better than any white American band that was ever formed ). Not one of those bands have ever denied how much they were influenced by black American music.

Whilst White America was busy hanging black people from trees and worrying about who can drink from what water fountain, and who's allowed in which restaurant the Brits were busy being influenced by black America and its fantastic music, and we still are. Thats why Brit bands from that era were superior to their white American counterparts. Simple when you think about it isn't it.

Most white American music is still terrible to this day, always has been, probably always will be.

Last edited by Nurse Duckett; 07-07-2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Nurse Duckett is offline   Reply With Quote