Music Banter - View Single Post - Rape - Whose Fault Is It?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #64 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Here's something I think could spawn further intense discussion:

When a woman is intoxicated, her word is not to be taken as consent. When a man and a woman are intoxicated, the responsibility falls on the man. Should or shouldn't dual-intoxication cancel actions out? Why or why not?

My internet sucks and multi quote isnt working

anyways, i think it's stupid that a drunk woman's word cant be taken as consent. So is anyone who has ****ed a drunk girl a rapist?? probably like 90% of men are technically rapists in one way or another because of how rape is ldefined. lol i dont get it, ive been drunk hundreds of times and can make decisions on whether or not i want to have sex. im guessing theres probably been so many cases of a woman claiming rape following consensual drunk sex and that angers me. those people blow.

i think the legality of prostitution is similar to legalizing marijuana. the general public seems to support it, it makes sense on pretty much every front, the pros outweigh the cons, etc. its just a political thing, nobody is willing to gamble their career on a policy that likely doesnt effect them whatsoever,

i think user lateralus said something about 16 year olds. either way we only draw a legal boundary at 18 because we have to do it somewhere which i understand. Of course everyone matures at a different rate and nobody can say when a person can make choices like sex reasoably. Realyl though i dont think i am comfortable with someone being locked up for long periods of time for consensual sex with a 16ish year old. im just not sure its that big of a deal.

fluffy kittens brought up such a great point about victim blaming and i agree. I think that happens a lot and it's part of some sort of pseudo-outrage that people pretend to have for whatever reason. I've read thing suggesting that rape victims shouldnt be questioned by police and stuff right after a rape too which is kind of absurd. it seems to me like people will have you believe that victim blaming happens much more than it really does.
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote