Music Banter - View Single Post - Rape - Whose Fault Is It?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #65 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216 View Post
anyways, i think it's stupid that a drunk woman's word cant be taken as consent. So is anyone who has ****ed a drunk girl a rapist?? probably like 90% of men are technically rapists in one way or another because of how rape is ldefined. lol i dont get it, ive been drunk hundreds of times and can make decisions on whether or not i want to have sex. im guessing theres probably been so many cases of a woman claiming rape following consensual drunk sex and that angers me. those people blow.
Ched Evans. That case genuinely angered me.

Ched Evans Was Wrongly Convicted of Rape on 20th April 2012 | Ched Evans Official Website

Key and Undisputed Facts

Read through it, it's a fucking farce. There was another one the other day whereby a woman slashed herself in the face with a knife after claiming her taxi driver had raped and attacked her. He was saved by the fact he recorded the journey on his phone. If he hadn't, then who knows what would have happened. I could post numerous examples of this within the last year if I was really arsed about it but I can't be bothered, but basically this shit happens all the time now.

Quote:
fluffy kittens brought up such a great point about victim blaming and i agree. I think that happens a lot and it's part of some sort of pseudo-outrage that people pretend to have for whatever reason. I've read thing suggesting that rape victims shouldnt be questioned by police and stuff right after a rape too which is kind of absurd. it seems to me like people will have you believe that victim blaming happens much more than it really does.
lol this is exactly what happens, this 'victim blaming' shit is an online phenomena and doesn't actually happen in the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Exactly. I agree, tore. There was a recent, awful rape/murder case in Melbourne, Australia recently involving a 29 year old Irish woman living here, Jill Meagher. She was walking home, alone, from a pub in the wee hours of the morning when she was dragged into an alleyway, raped and murdered.

As always, when there is a rape case, there were a variety of comments floating around about how it was her fault that she had decided to walk home alone, that it was her fault because she was probably intoxicated and not thinking straight, I remember even hearing that it was her fault because she was wearing high heels and makeup or something (what the?). I agree that it probably wasn't the best idea to walk home alone at night while intoxicated. However, that does NOT under any circumstances mean that she holds any bit of fault to being raped and murdered. She was not "asking for it."
Were people actually saying it was her fault though or just that it was stupid? I have no problem with the latter.

lol, two British tourists did something very similar to this, they went to a run down part of Florida, walked home at stupid o'clock and got killed. Florida Britons shot dead for refusing to pay mugger, court hears | World news | The Guardian

Awful crime but they are stupid cunts. I'm of a similar opinion with that lady but more so with these. If you're going to an unfamiliar place you should know what you're doing. You can say people shouldn't rape/rob/kill until the cows come home but fact is, people do and we do not live in a fantasy world. The reality is we live among sick people and if you take silly risks you can pay the ultimate price.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote