Music Banter - View Single Post - Rape - Whose Fault Is It?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 02:02 AM   #67 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
I guess the people making these comments were insinuating it was her fault since she was doing something stupid. Yes, I agree it is stupid walking home alone in the middle of the night but no, I don't think this makes the rape/murder her fault.
I get what you're saying, not trying to be an arsehole but this is basically the point I'm making, maybe that is the case but this is ambiguous at best and I don't buy into this 'victim blaming' shtick being common enough to get upset over based off of that. Someone points out doing x was stupid and then people just respond with a load of 'rape is not the victim's fault', even though nobody said it was, is it actually happening or are we just pretending it's happening? I don't see why people think there should only be an outpouring of grief and anger when something like this happens and anything else is off limits. If she was being stupid, people are obviously gonna point that out. Doesn't mean it's her fault or that people are saying it's her fault.

Ched Evans is a stupid cunt as well.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote