Music Banter - View Single Post - Rape - Whose Fault Is It?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 04:19 AM   #80 (permalink)
Newkie
Boozy Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Kittens View Post
I can only go by what I've seen and heard myself, I find most people are decent enough to not think that. I've no doubt some people do think like this but it's the reasoning of a thick cunt who doesn't deserve to be taken seriously and isn't worth getting wound up over. You definitely encounter it way more on the internet, ofc people are more reserved in real life but I reckon most people would have no problem saying it's the victim's fault if they really thought it. Look at groups like the EDL, they've no problem expressing their racism and xenophobia. Thick cunts are everywhere.

Also there was that fuss over the policeman saying dress code can encourage rape or whatever it was so people do say it in real life.

And you've only got to look at the witch hunts in the UK with people like Savile or when something like noncing is mentioned to see that paedophiles, rapists and general sexual deviants generate a lot of hate among society. They're hated, the vast majority of people side with the victims. Because of this I think it's a non-issue and mostly just internet wummery.

The accused should be given the same rights to anonymity as the victim until they're proven guilty.

People who make false claims should be sentenced to at least the minimum sentence that someone found guilty of rape would get.
Yeah , I'm not going to argue with most of that and I find I do or have come into contact with people with these views more than most, for whatever reason. My main point was that it exists and that people often hide from saying what they truly believe.Even the EDL you mention do, they try to qualify their racism to give it some sense of moral righteousness and try and give it some shred of mainstream acceptance. My sister in law posts ****e about the EDL on facebook or brings it up, she will talk for hours about militant islam but on the other hand talk about how good Sikhs are for the UK. In reality I know she views most ethnicities, even other white Europeans as lesser beings but naturally that never enters the public domain. Anyway, agree that most of them online are WUMs that shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Also agree with your false rape claim, completely disgusting and those found guilty of complete falsehoods should be punished. You been following the Remy case much? Be interesting if that's another Ched Evans saga..
Newkie is offline   Reply With Quote