Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #776 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Football match ends in referee being decapitated - Yahoo! New Zealand Sport

I really don't like to generalize about sports, but man soccer has some of the most fucked up fans. I suppose it's a by-product of being the most popular sport, so logically it will have the most psychopaths as fans, but still.

You are actually right though, a lot of people at the game are just pissed up twats. I have seen with my own eyes at a Man. United game, United fans fighting with each other in the concourse

I was actually at this game too in the United end - Football Hooligans Run Riot At Man U Clash

In Italy the Ultras run riot, stabbings are common (there was one last season where they did this to a Tottenham fan) and not too long ago they threw a petrol bomb into a car and killed a policeman. I don't know the exact number but numerous people have been killed at Old Firm games between Celtic and Rangers too. Then there was this in April and this was in Wembley, a modern, corporate stadium - Millwall fans violence FA Cup semi final Wembley v Wigan | Mail Online

I think the daddies of violence are Boca Juniors and River Plate these days.

But why did the ref have a knife?
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote