Music Banter - View Single Post - Animal Collective
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #489 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

I'm very happy I could get you into them my man! Here's my favorite "Indian" track:

Yes it's very intense but I love the atmosphere it builds up. It's kinda like "Funhouse" (the album) by the Stooges in that way that it gives the impression of an animal in some sort of agitated state.

Feels is good, a very laid back listen with some great tunes, but Strawberry Jam is my favorite so far. MPP is really good but it doesn't have the edge of its predecessor, and I think SJ has not only that edge but the tunes and cohesion of MPP.

"Alvin Row" is a really great track from their first one too. Also, I really like "Sung Tongs" in its sound but it kinda drags if you focus on the whole thing solely. It's great background music and has some of their best songs, but the fully acoustic stuff back to back to back makes the album seem really long to me.

Their new one was great, a little difficult in its pace and industrial tone but it was a good shakeup for the band and has some of their best stuff ("Monkey Riches," "New Town Burnout," "Applesauce," etc.). Have y'all heard the Shabazz Palaces "NTB" yet? It's a really good psych-rap take on the song.

They're a really great group as well if you can get behind rap.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote