Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles vs The Beach Boys
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #686 (permalink)
nirishan
Groupie

I looked at your comparable songs, and while I agree with most of it, some I do disagree with, for favor with the Beatles usually. And while those are a few songs, there's far too many songs you're missing. You miss the incredible penmanship of George Harrison entirely. Also, the depth in the Beatles styles is far more respectable to that of the Beach Boys. Juts look at the White Album. BAck in the USSR is Beach Boys. Solid Ballad Dear Prudence, pop fun Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da. Bungalow Bill. While My Guitar Gently Weeeps. Happiness Si A Warm Gun. Piggies. I Will. Rocky Raccoon. Yer Blues. Helter Skelter. Good Night. The range is incredible. And every song is too. The Beatles oeuvre has more, great songs than the Beach Boys but the Beach Boys have MANY more songs. The Beatles never put out a bad album. Obviously, the Beach Boys had. But even in just looking late 60s, early 70s. From Help! to Let It Be, and from Today! to Surf's Up. Beatles were better. With The Beatles and A Hard Day's Night were both excellent albums as well. I mean come on guys. It's the BEATLES. The Beach were and always will be an amazing band. Even to some more favorable to listen to. Obviously it's an unfair matchup, but it was 3 geniuses versus 1, how could he possibly win?
nirishan is offline   Reply With Quote