Music Banter - View Single Post - A Glimpse Inside The Mind of a Chameleon.
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Razor’s Edge

One of my programming blocks was called Razor’s edge. I would basically stream a new release album in its entirety. I stayed away from leaks and would only play albums that were released in stores on that day. I’m going to attempt to review a new release album each Tuesday. Let’s see how well I can keep this up.

LetLive - The Blackest Beautiful

This week I’m going to give you a rundown of Letlive. This is my first time ever listening to this band. They are a post- hardcore band hailing from LA. I agree with a review of them that they have the technical fury of At The Drive In. My experience with this album has lead me to go back and check out their third album Fake History which is considered a breakthrough album for them. I bitch and moan about screaming but I can take it in small doses from time to time. My first time listening to this album was while I was working out so I tended to mostly focus on whether a track was catchy or not and was upbeat enough to keep me motivated while doing cardio. I will definitely be giving this album more plays it reminds me of my early 20s when I used to listen to The Blood Brothers and Thursday heavily. The percussion at the beginning of White America’s Beautiful Black Market is so infectious. When I heard that, I started to kick up the speed and my heart rate went up as I started going a bit faster on the elliptical. I know that if I was listening to this song at home, I would be doing a little dance in my chair. The Priest and Used Cars along with 27 Club ended up being standout tracks for me along with White America’s Beautiful Black Market. The subject matter for WABBM touches on American’s corporate culture and the money hungry healthcare system that we have. I went into this album not knowing what to expect and came out pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.

Last edited by djchameleon; 07-11-2013 at 02:42 PM.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote