Music Banter - View Single Post - Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) The Fantasy Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #686 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Finished up the second season. After hearing so much about it I thought it was going to stray from the book a lot more than it did, as in they'd be making up crazy new plotlines and whatnot, but there weren't too many big changes, at least in my opinion. I really enjoyed the Arya/Tywin parts. That was a great change. On the downside they don't get to build up Roose Bolton's character that much, and they might be humanizing Tywin a bit too much, but whatever. The only thing I didn't really like was no Reed's. I know their parts have been cast so I don't know how they're going to explain that one going forward. It would seem kind of lame if Bran and Hodor just ran into them by luck. The House of Undying part could have been done a lot better as well, but I get why they kind of shied away from going too in-depth with it.

Davos and Stannis are great for their roles. Not feeling Melisandre as much but maybe she'll grow on me.

The guy who plays Theon is doing an amazing job. He nailed Theon's Clash of Kings role pretty much perfectly. It's a pretty drastic story arc that he has to go through though so I'll reserve my judgement for now.

The girl who plays Dany is awful. Those scenes where she's going on about being the mother of dragons (AKA every scene she's in) are tough to watch. I didn't like her in the books either though so not sure if that's playing into it as well.

I can tell Jon/Ygritte is going to be great. Tyrion/Cersei, Tyrion/Bronn, Tyrion/Joffrey, Cersei/Sansa are consistently good combos as well. They've done a good job at building up chemistry between characters.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote