Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 06:44 AM   #4692 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Duckett View Post
If he ends up at Chelsea I'll be very disappointed, I know he isn't the sharpest tool in the box but I've never had him down as a shallow wanker, and you have to be incredibly shallow to even consider playing for Chelsea.
This was true at one point but it's not anymore. Chelsea, sadly, have bought their way to 'big club' status. They've won trophies and a lot of players will want to work with Mourinho.

Players see football clubs as jobs and joining Chelsea has great job prospects. It's the same at City now but to a lesser extent. Players like Adebayor and Robinho obviously only joined for the money but these clubs (Chelsea & City) have won trophies and leagues now.

I've got a feeling Rooney will join Chelsea, just can't picture him at Arsenal at all. And if United are going to sell him they had better do it now because his value is only going to go down from here. If I was a buying club I would lower my bid after Moyes' interview. It is absolutely clear that Rooney still wants to leave. Being asked specifically if Rooney wants to stay and responding, 'I can categorically say... he is training well', is a big fat no.

In hindsight they should have fucked him off after the first time he asked to leave.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote