Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #4706 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
And what exactly is the attraction for world class players to come to Arsenal?

Celebrating 4th position in the league.
Constant disappointment in both national and international tournaments.
A chairman and management team content with being a feeder club with the reluctance to put the money earned from sales back into buying top players.
The best they've managed in recent times is an over the hill Podolski.
A team that's only been regressing for years and aren't even considered a threat to the likes of Man Utd and City.
Watching their long-time weaker city rivals become a better team than them.
Very harsh imo. I agree in parts but they can offer Champions League football, challenges for trophies, the London lifestyle and pretty decent wages. From a footballer's point of view they'll want to play at the Emirates too.

Every year people say Spurs will overtake them and every year they fail. But this is like when people said every year Liverpool would fall out of the top 4 and it happened.

Arsenal need to seriously step their game up this season starting with transfers cos if they don't they're gonna be left behind.

Quote:
There's not a hope in hell Suarez or Rooney will sign for Arsenal. Wayne will stay at Man Utd and Suarez is probably Spain, France or Germany bound.
Suárez could I reckon. I can just picture it after going on about the media wrecking his life. The scousers would go into meltdown

Said earlier Rooney is Chelsea bound imo.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote