Music Banter - View Single Post - Earthlings (The Film)
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Circe
Blunt After Blunt After

PETA are a pretty despicable organisation. Over here in the UK we have charities like the RSPCA that make their primary goal saving animals and giving them a chance for a better life. They don't bother spending all of their money on objectifying women in ridiculous ad campaigns rather than actually putting it towards the animals they take responsibility for looking after.

But on the documentary: eh, I've seen it all before in other documentaries. I'm not really an animal lover but I have been a vegetarian for a few years now, partly out of disgust at the kind of stuff the documentary shows and partly because someone has to try and balance out all the people that eat more meat than the world can handle. I'm not militant at all except when it comes to "vegetarians" that eat fish or poultry but I will say to anyone considering converting that it really is not anywhere near as difficult as it appears. You can find good quality substitutes for pretty much every kind of common meat and you can still have a perfectly healthy diet without rigorous planning.
Circe is offline   Reply With Quote