Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs that Sound Suspiciously Like Other Songs!
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #85 (permalink)
sopsych
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveaob View Post
And as much as I love Zeppelin, they had some issues with “similarities”. The Lemon Song” was obviously more than just “influenced” by Howlin Wolf’s “Killing floor”, as the subsequent legal actions came to conclude. And the opening to Stairway to Heaven is pretty damned similar to an instrumental called “Taurus” by a band that used to open for Zeppelin called “Spirit”.

As far as Lady Gaga goes, in addition to what was mentioned before I would add that “poker face” is an obvious rip-off of Glenn Frey’s “You belong to the City”:

I had noticed her “similarities” to both Madonna (“Born this way” with “express yourself”) and Ace of Base before. I personally dont think too much of Lady Gaga. I especially get annoyed when people label her as being “original”. Just wearing freaky outfits and styling your hair in crazy ways doesnt make you an original from a musical standpoint. Come up with some original music ideas, minus all the gimmicks, then we’ll talk about how original you are.
"Poker Face" rips off "You Belong to the City"? I'm familiar with both songs and love the latter, and they sound dissimilar to me.